Differentiating the brand with extraordinary customer experiences both online and in person
To establish the strategy behind the customer experience program, LRW conducted an initial Customer Satisfaction Blueprinting study to identify the key drivers and micro-behaviors that impacted satisfaction, sales and the likelihood to recommend the retailer. The blueprinting included exit interviews with shoppers, including both buyers and non-purchasers. LRW established financial linkages and relationships between KPIs and associate behaviors and store financials. Leverage analysis allowed us to identify the size of opportunity of various service dimensions, attributes, and specific behaviors to improve overall satisfaction and loyalty. The blueprint output included recommendations for initiatives and go-forward metrics to guide company-wide improvements in financial performance
Upon identifying the specific service behaviors and experiences with significant impact on customer satisfaction, advocacy, and loyalty, LRW engaged with client stakeholders to drive ideation and action planning across the company, with a special attention toward creating interconnected experiences for customers that company associates could rally around and deliver.
LRW now monitors the multi-channel and interconnected customer experience using transaction-triggered surveys with customers from over 2,000 stores and the e-commerce website. The program allows for tracking performance of change initiatives to evaluate their effectiveness in improving customers’ experiences, then providing feedback to enable continuous improvement.
Key elements and results from the research project include:
- Identification of key aspects of customer experience including the service model, associate behaviors, the store environment, digital experience, and the product experience.
- Action planning and organizational alignment sessions using data-driven decision-support tools, custom advanced analytics, and playbooks for strategy and investment allocation considerations.
- Real-time feedback through best-in-class mobile, closed-loop processes, text analytics, and role-based dashboards to drive customer centricity across the organization.
- Store redesigns that help customers more easily find their way to products.
- Enhancements to website and mobile applications with new features and content to improve the digital and interconnected shopping experience.
- VOC and brand tracking data integrations that link customer experience and brand health with financial performance and outcomes like conversion, sales, and loyalty.