Posted On November 24, 2015
Thanksgiving is one of the best days of the year. It’s a day of turkey roasted with stuffing, every kind of casserole, and pumpkin everything. If you’re in the right climate, you can pull out your favorite sweater to wear while watching football. You can gather with family and friends and have a lively debate over dark meat vs. white meat (or tofurkey), pumpkin vs. pecan pie (pumpkin!), or shopping on Thanksgiving vs. heading out on Black Friday (whenever you go, you’re sure to find some great deals.)
It’s the day of the year that we stop to take stock and express gratitude for the people and things that make the rest of the year special.
We asked our colleagues what they were thankful for. We had a strong survey response rate. Results show that we’re very thankful at LRW.
We’re thankful for our loved ones…
- Family, including my cuddly dog and cat
- My three younger brothers
- My friends that become family
- My cats’ unconditional love
- My friends who really know me, flaws and all. Even with a long absence, we can pick up where we left off and know we’re there for each other
We’re thankful for each other…
- I am thankful that I am surrounded by such passionate people!
- Working with different generations of smart, motivated, interesting people
- A manager that cares about me as a person
- My team who has been so helpful during my first few days!
Our work …
- Having work I am passionate about and the opportunity to work with clients who share that passion
- Respondents! Without them…
- Cool, smart clients
- My job at LRW, learning cool things and working with a great group of people
- The opportunity to do what I do best almost every day
…and the things that make it possible…
- Coffee. Iced coffee, hot coffee, gourmet coffee, free trade, instant… I’m thankful for all coffee
…especially the dress code…
- Not having to dress up all corporate for work
- My health and the health of my family and friends
*LRW may be able to guess where this submission came from.
The great experiences in life that can’t be measured…
- Being in love
- Family movie nights with hot cocoa and popcorn
- The opportunity to go skydiving
- The serenity and stillness of the moments spent sipping coffee early in the morning, captivated by a clear day’s view of the Pacific way in the distance (of course, first filtering out the view and noise of the cranes in the more-immediate distance ;))
- The ability to read (the books, they are my friends)
The amazing things that only come around once a year…
- I am thankful that I was able to have both a Canadian (October 12th) and American Thanksgiving this year!
…because the only thing better than one Thanksgiving is two Thanksgivings.
We’re thankful for everyone in the market research community – clients, partners, respondents and friends. You inspire us every day. We wish you and your loved ones a Happy Thanksgiving!